29th Annual Pumpkinfest Fills Franklin’s Main Street Oct. 27, 2012
One of Downtown Franklin’s favorite annual traditions, Pumpkinfest, will be held on Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012, on Main Street and the surrounding streets.
The 29th Annual Pumpkinfest will feature more than 75 arts and crafts vendors, a children’s activity area on 3rd Ave. S., Five Points stage, Sister Cities’ Great Pumpkin, Franklin Tomorrow Chili Cook-off and more.
And there’s a night-time cemetery tour in Downtown Franklin with the “Grave Matters: The Stories Behind the Stones” tours Saturday night, Oct. 27, at the Old City Cemetery and Rest Haven Cemetery from 7 to 9 p.m. For more information and to purchase tickets, see www.franklinonfoot.com
- The Taste of the South tent on 4th Ave. S. invites the public is invited to taste the best in local cuisine and spirits throughout Pumpkinfest.
- The Franklin Tomorrow Chili Cook-off on 3rd Ave. S. from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Oct. 27. Tickets to taste chili from local organizations and restaurants will be available for $8 during the event.
- Fall and holiday arts and crafts around the Public Square from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. More than 60 vendors will be displaying hand-crafted items perfect for fall and the holidays.
- Cemetery Tours 7 to 9 p.m. Participants will walk from tombstone to tombstone at the historic Resthaven cemetery on North Margin Street, hearing from costumed re-enactors about the people who are buried in certain graves. Tickets are $15 per person for adults, $5 for children, but the activity is not recommended for children under 6. Tickets are available from www.franklinonfoot.com and at the Heritage Foundation. Participants should bring a flashlight and wear close-toe shoes.
- Costume Contest starts at 3 p.m. at the Five Points stage. It’s $1 for each entry and categories are pets, children ages 0-5, ages 6-13 and 14+. Enter at the headquarters tent on the Public Square between 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.